Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Plan Plan Plan

Not only am I talking about lesson plans for teaching --- which I am SOOOO happy to do --- but I am talking about travel plans.

Last week I booked a flight to Amsterdam. I will leave Skopje the 19th of March and return the 21st. Quick trip, but totally worth it. I will be meeting a group of friends from Moscow, one of these friends may have literally twisted my arm to get me to come. Alas it worked, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Yesterday I FINALLY booked my first travel of spring break. One of my friends is studying abroad in San Sebastian Spain. For months now we had talked about making plans to meet somewhere in Europe. On Saturday April 3rd 2010 in Barcelona, Spain: Things. Will. Get. Crazy. This is good. I will be leaving Barcelona probably on the 6th - that is when Melissa and her folks will be leaving. I say probably because I only booked a one way ticket to Barcelona. The idea at this point is to travel from Barcelona to Athens (for a day) then from Athens to Mykonos, or Santorini for two days, back to Athens, then train to Skopje. Prague instead of Greece is another option, but less likely.... If you have suggestions let me hear em. : )


Lately I have been having the strangest cravings. I want a clamdigger like something fierce. I don't know why, I didn't drink them that often when I was home. I also really want Thai food and/or sushi. One or the other would make me VERY happy. Either way, I'll happily settle for the local food and drink, as it is good too. Yesterday I found Curry flavored Top Ramen. The best EVER.

Yesterday a friend of my teacher had a baby boy. When a child is born, rather than cigars and balloons there is bread. This isn't just any bread. Like everything else Radica's mother brings to class, it is delicious. I'll ask what it is called again tomorrow. Either way, it is round and sponge like, soft, and honestly reminds me of a smaller yet thicker and fluffier version of an elephant ear. There is no sugar or cinnamon on it, but of course you could always add that yourself. Apparently baking the bread is to bring the child a soft and happy day on its birthday. The bread is soft, and fluffy. Get it? Bottom line the stuff is good, I got home and put peanut butter on mine. Yum.

Tomorrow is Wednesday! YAY! after a three week break from ice skating, the rink is calling my name. I'm looking forward to it. I've got some games of tag lined up, along with races. I'm going to be true to my name, and roll like a coconut I have a feeling.

Later

Evan

p.s. this is funny. The Super Bowl aired at 12 midnight here in Macedonia. Only three of my students knew what I was talking about when I mentioned it. They were the students from the U.S. Only one of them planned on watching the game. Luke is from New Orleans. He stayed up to watch the entire game. What a stud. I woke up to find that his team had won, and expected high fives all around. When Mrs. Radica recieved a text message in the middle of math class I laughed as I read it's contents: "Luke is not at school today because last night he and his father stayed up to watch the Super Bowl..." I thought it was great, some of the best days of primary school were the days that I got to play hookey and hang with Mom or Dad. To have spent it watching a football game (not something I would have chosen back then) would have been the coolest. Radica did not understand the importance of the Super Bowl. She thought it was silly. Honestly, I couldn't blame her for her obvious annoyance at Luke's absence. I tried to explain that Super Bowl Sunday is practically a National Holiday. I don't think she bought it. In the end, the Saints won, I never checked the score or highlights, but from the sounds of it the game was a real nail biter. I'm guessing that the Saints' QB must be really good at shooting foul shots or something. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment