Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's been a week

It's been a week. THAT IS IT!!! I was skyping with a friend tonight, she left Seattle for Spain the same day that I left Seattle for Skopje. While comparing our flights (she still doesn't have her luggage) we both for the first time today realized we left 7 days ago. I really am thinking that I missed something. It has to have been more than just 1 week. This is a joke. Right? It seems like so much longer, but in a good way.

Today in class I was helping out here and there doing a lot of observation when I realized, this experience will change the way I view education profoundly. The strategies and methods used in my calss are very different than what I have been instructed to use. It is much of the same strategies and methods used when I was in school, and things have changed since then. I'm not shaking my head and cringing, but noticing how different isn't always wrong/bad. These students love school, their teacher, and they are really freaking smart. So far so good.

Much like the Macedonian Christmas, the New Year is 13 days later as well. Thats right. I get two New Years! My Mentor Teacher had made reservations last week for her and 14 others, myself included, to a restaurant just a short walk away. I'm excited for tonight. For some it is just as big as NYE on the 31st, school is still up and running tomorrow so the champagne won't be flowing so much for me, but hopefully for others here.

Happy New Year!

P.S. I haven't really heard from too many people back from home. email me and let me know what's going on back in the states...
facebook it or lustigevan@hotmail.com

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment