Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seattle Airport

I'm sitting at the Seattle Airport, waiting for my turn to board a flight. I will be flying to Washington D.C. and then from there to Vienna Austria, where I will hang out for 3 hours, just to fly one more hour to my final destination of Skopje Macedonia.
As many of you know I am completing my internship requirement for my degree in education. I will be student teaching 4th grade students at the NOVA International Education school. These schools are (as far as I know) private schooling institutions, where I will teach all content areas (reading, writing, math...) in English. I have a sweet, humble, 1 bedroom apartment that is a 10 minute walk from my school, and a 20 minute walk from the city center. NOVA has helped me so much getting things set up over there, I am very much looking forward to working with them! They have even already stocked my refrigerator, and cupboards with food so that I don't have to run to the grocery store on my first day to get food!
For those of you that didn't already know (I didn't) Macedonia is a small, but proud country, North of Greece. It is also known as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
I will try to keep up on this so that you can all read what is going on, and that way I can hopefully keep in touch with you all too! I am not always the best at responding right away, and plan to be BUSY not only with my classroom and teaching, but also with exploring the country of Macedonia, and Europe as well. I will miss you but will see you in June!

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment